Johnson Controls Fire Alarm Service Technician in Norfolk, Virginia
What you will do:
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites, including, but not limited to Access Control, Nurse Call and Paging Systems.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
How you will do it:
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers’ Life Safety Systems
- Participation in a scheduled On-call rotation
- Perform administrative duties to include, completing service acknowledgements, safety documentation, weekly vehicle maintenance reports and various other duties as required.
- Help to train or mentor others on the service tam
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- 5 Years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Intrusion, Nurse Call and Paging Systems
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer needs
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes including, but not limited to Fire Alarm Systems NICET Level II certification for all Fire Alarm technicians
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer and commissioning devices
- Associates Degree in Technical Field or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs. Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job: *Field Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Fire Alarm Service Technician
Requisition ID: 1718441