Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Quality Technician in Norfolk, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
QUALITY SPECIALIST / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (C80-18-0299-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Quality Specialist / Executive Assistat to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN) located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story.
• Tracks and implements military and commercial quality programs and directives.
• Managing the technical library and digital scanning/uploading of required documents.
• Maintains user account information.
Requires an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university (at a minimum)
• Five or more years of experience in developing and documenting production processes and procedures.
• Experience shall demonstrate the successful implementation of military and commercial quality programs and directives, including managing a multiple document technical library and digital scanning/uploading and user account maintenance and management.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills and presentation / briefing skills necessary to interact with prospective clients, team members, and senior decision makers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Computer savvy with solid experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41