DXC Technology Service Desk - Service Request Mgmnt in Norfolk, Virginia
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology at http://www.dxc.technology/ .
We are currently looking for candidates to fill a Service Desk-Service Request Management position located in Norfolk, VA. The candidate who fills this position will be a full-time employee of DXC supporting our Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) contract.
Identify performance issues proactively. Solve technical problems on assigned hardware and software platform(s)/application(s) following standard protocols.
Works within strict time scales and elevates incidents within defined time windows.
- Uses proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities
- Configure system hardware, software and network components to meet established standards with assistance. Perform routine installations and/or configurations. Assemble and integrate system/product.
- Perform routine maintenance. May include performing tape/backup operations.
- Understands the impact of operations delivery on the customer's business. Contribute to team's ability to meet target goals through participation in continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Responds to customer relations problems promptly and appropriately. Takes ownership to ensure satisfactory completion of complaint, through engagement of appropriate resources.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Work effectively in a multicultural environment. Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions.
- Lead a small team with well defined objectives.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities