McKean Defense Workload and Resource Forecasting Analyst in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Tracking Code 2725-317 Job Description
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean supports CNRMC to oversee operations and management of the RMCs execution of private sector depot-level repair and modernization, technical and engineering assistance, I-Level production and training, contract management services, and material readiness assessments. To that end the budgeting and finance group with the CNRMC organization requires an experienced candidate with subject matter expertise in analysis of budgets and manpower needs to meet the on time schedule and cost requirements of surface ship maintenance and modernization availability execution.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required. Active Secret clearance is preferred.
- Specialized experience in statistical methods for use metrics and performance data analytics.
- Experienced in availability programming, budget formulation, and Workload and Resource Report (WARR) or similar resourcing tool management
- Capable of evaluating trends in cost to perform maintenance on Navy Ships and to provide senior leadership with recommendations to establish standards of expected or “should cost” used to set budgets for the RMC’s.
- High proficiency with MS Office Suite, web-based applications and databases.
- Ability to quickly distill data into Flag/SES level documents and presentations.
- Understanding of Navy Maintenance Database (NMD)
- Fluent understanding of Navy Maintenance and Modernization terminology gained through experience in the planning and execution of navy ship availabilities (CNO &CMAV;) in public and private shipyards.
- Familiarity with US Navy maintenance and modernization reporting systems
- Versed in US Navy maintenance and modernization planning and execution policy and processes such as Joint Force Maintenance Manual (JFMM), Navy Modernization Program, Management of Operations Manual (NMP-MOM, and I Level Instructions.
- Support data call/reports from NAVSEA and Fleet leadership that impact the Regional Maintenance Center (RMC) Enterprise.
- Assist CNRMC in monitoring, minimizing risks in, and prioritization of execution of RMC mission workload.
- Detail oriented and efficient multi-tasker.
- Self motivated team player but able to work independently
Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to effectively interact with customers and associates at all levels. Required Experience
5-7 years recent experience either within the Surface Ship Maintenance and Modernization Industry or related fields or marine operations and maintenance
- Large Staff executive team experience, providing analytical/fact based recommendations to senior staff 0-6/GS-15 and above.
- MS Office suite expertise
- Familiarity with Navy Maintenance IT systems
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Location Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2725-317
Job Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular